cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Use more than one thingMark in the same experience.

fguerra
5-Regular Member

Use more than one thingMark in the same experience.

Hello,

I'm trying to do like a virtual product wall, but I would like to use more than one ThingMark in the same experience to show/hide the product model, labels and buttons to interact with that specific product.

So for example I have one ThingMark to start the experience outside of a room (123:1), then entering the room I have 3 markers located in different areas (123:2, 123:3, 123:4), without create an experience for each product I would like to see each virtual information independent one from the other depending the ThingMark I tracked from the room.

I did some tests but I can not make it work, is there a special configuration or binding I need to do the trick?

Thanks

Felix

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mschuetz
6-Contributor
(To:fguerra)

Hey Felix,

we are on track to deliver model (3D CAD) based tracking in fall. We also work on location based experiences as well as integrating image targets. Our main focus is getting the model targets in by fall.

Marc

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
katte
1-Newbie

Because each ThingMark needs to be associated with an Experience, I doubt if that would be possible.

fguerra
5-Regular Member
(To:katte)

Hi giri,

I think something could be done since it is possible to include more than one thingmark widgets in the canvas, if is mandator just to use one per experience, then why give that option? Could you take a look with the R&D team to see if there is any plan to manage something like that?

Thanks in advance

Felix

tmccombie
21-Topaz I

Hi Felix,

There are currently no plans to implement this functionality. Only one ThingMark can be used per each Experience.

fguerra
5-Regular Member
(To:tmccombie)

Hello Tara McCombie, thank you for the answer and sorry for my late response.

Ok, could you let me know if there is a process to raise this as a request for your R&D team?

The use case is related to have the possibility to detect specific products in different arranges without the need to create specific experiences for each arrange.

Also, I would be interesting to know if there is any news on other tracking methods for Twx Studio that you are working on like image recognition, 3D / shape recognition or geo-localization.

Hi Marc Schuetz​, what's up?, do you have any update on this?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Regards

mschuetz
6-Contributor

Hey Felix,

we are on track to deliver model (3D CAD) based tracking in fall. We also work on location based experiences as well as integrating image targets. Our main focus is getting the model targets in by fall.

Marc

fguerra
5-Regular Member
(To:mschuetz)

Gracias Marc,

Looking forward for those tracking methods.

Maybe later include Geo Location

Regards

Felix

Top Tags