cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How can I set permission for user account ?

vvu
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

How can I set permission for user account ?

I created user account by create user service in EntityServices. Now I can log in the user account but I have no permission to do anything.

Everything is disable , for example create a thing,... .

How can I set permission to this account ?

2 REPLIES 2
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:vvu)

Hi Vietanh, you can try adding the user to Designer or Developer Group, if you haven't already added the user navigate to the composer > Security > Users Groups

Note: Though you can grant permissions on individual users and on individual entities in ThingWorx, but that won't be the recommended way to go and quite cumbersome to manage.

In case you don' t see these groups, it could be that they are hidden you can enable their visibility by going to Advanced tab and enable the

show system object like so

Navigate to the desired Group > Members > Edit Members then add all the required users as the member to the group

For your quick reference

Developers Group

The Developers group has read and update design time permissions (not delete) for all entities.

Designers Group

The Designers group does not have any default design or run time permissions.

You can check the doc on security and groups at User Groups

Hope this helps!

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:vvu)

Hi vietanh vu​,

In addition to what Sushant Pandey shared; you can also create your own User Group with custom permissions and add the user to that user group.

Top Tags