cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Where to put client certificate?

tcoufal
12-Amethyst

Where to put client certificate?

Hi Guys,

we are having bit of good-old "certificate nightmare".

Customer has a RESTful WS running on a server, certificates are issued for clients which want to communicate with that server. We have made Keystore(containing ClientCert) and Truststore (containing public keys of our customer's CAs).

we added general JVM properties when starting tomcat

-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore="<path>"

-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword="<pass>"

-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore="<path>"

-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword="<pass>"

When I create a service which tries to LoadXML from URL (https) I am getting an error (basically 403). And by looking vie Wireshark it seems that Keys are not exchanged during the negotiation phase. Same if I choose to ignore SSL errors (just to test if CAs are failing to recognize the Server as trusted).

Buttomline, Thingworx servise should act as a Client of that WS, where is the catch when including client certificate for Thingworx to authenticate against other servers?

Thanks a lot 

1 REPLY 1
sarathi
12-Amethyst
(To:tcoufal)

Hi @tcoufal did u solve above problem, if u solved means help me how to resolve that problem, I am also looking solution for Same Problem

Top Tags