cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Set a property's value with a custom timestamp

mkoumplis
3-Visitor

Set a property's value with a custom timestamp

Hi everyone,

I have been gathering historical data from a device into my EMS and looking for a way of feeding them into the platform. The first thing I thought of was to be constantly updating gas meter properties with the historical readings that I am getting from a device. I have created properties for the fields that I am fetching past values for and attempting to use me:setProperty to update the property with the next reading that I'm fetching which has a timestamp of a past time (could be hours, days or months in the past). But, as far as I know, me:setProperty sets the property's timestamp to the current time. Would this approach work? Would the EMS successfully handle pushing of newly fetched values that are updated but with a older timestamp? And if so, which function do I use and how do I go about doing so?

The other thing I was thinking of was to use a really small infotable for each entry with a value and a timestamp field but I really wanted to know if what I suggested in the above paragraph is even possible or simply incompatible with the way property value pushes work at the Edge.

2 REPLIES 2
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:mkoumplis)

Hi Marios Koumplis​,

If I understand your query correctly; you can use UpdatePropertyValues service. It takes timestamp as one of the input.

For more information please check following Blog: How to use UpdatePropertyValues Service in ThingWorx

Hi Ankit and thanks for the swirft reply,

Apologies for perhaps not making it very clear but I am talking about doing that same thing you mentioned but in the EMS. I am using Modbus to gradually extract historical (logged) values and was wondering if we could update properties with more and more values that all have an older timestamp in my Edge template file.

Top Tags