cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

JDBC Driver Class Not Found: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver

pkodur
3-Visitor

JDBC Driver Class Not Found: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver

Folks,

I'm trying to setup a connection to ORACLE 12c. I uploaded the JAR file using TW_Download_JDBC Connector Extension. I received an error when "Thing" is saved with the following details:

JDBC Driver Class Name: oracle.jbdc.driver.OracleDriver

I tried with "oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver" as well, both are unsuccessful

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pkodur
3-Visitor
(To:posipova)

Thank you for your response Polina Osipova. I figured out the problem, here are the details which might help others:

1. The server where Thingworx was installed didn't had ojdbc6.jar file under Tomcat\lib folder. Once file is added make sure server is restarted

2. Once the ojdbc6.jar extension is imported into Thingworkx composer, the configuration section holds the following entries:

JDBC Driver Class Name: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver

JDBC Connection String: jdbc:oracle:thin:@//s.com:po

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:pkodur)

Please see if the answer to this topic might help you.

Using a third party Jar file for Database connection

pkodur
3-Visitor
(To:posipova)

Thank you for your response Polina Osipova. I figured out the problem, here are the details which might help others:

1. The server where Thingworx was installed didn't had ojdbc6.jar file under Tomcat\lib folder. Once file is added make sure server is restarted

2. Once the ojdbc6.jar extension is imported into Thingworkx composer, the configuration section holds the following entries:

JDBC Driver Class Name: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver

JDBC Connection String: jdbc:oracle:thin:@//s.com:po

pkodur
3-Visitor

corrected JDBC connection string:

JDBC Connection String: jdbc:oracle:thin:@//servername.com:port#/sid

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Hi Pavan that's the correct connection string also there is a blog on this linking it here for reference How to configure Oracle 12c's Pluggable Database as External DataStorage for ThingWorx

aamit
5-Regular Member

Hi,

There is a small typo in the Class name you provided. Should be jdbc instead of jbdc.

This is what works for me:

oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Thanks,

Asaf.

pkodur
3-Visitor
(To:aamit)

Thank you Asif for your response. I got the issue resolved. Here are my configuration details:

DBC Driver Class Name: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver

JDBC Connection String: jdbc:oracle:thin:@//servername.com:port#/sid

Top Tags