cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to debug Thingworx extensions/widget from Eclipse extension for Thingworx ?

kchouhan
2-Guest

How to debug Thingworx extensions/widget from Eclipse extension for Thingworx ?

Hello everyone,

I referred this document https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS219756&lang=en&source=snippet to enable debugging from Eclipse but when  I am following the second method -> Debug as Remote Application,I am getting time-out error.My Thingworx instance is on other machine and eclipse on another.

Can anyone help me with this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:kchouhan)

I understand that you are using 2nd method but still could you try putting the debug java options on tomcat , basically the ones highlighted in 1st method

• ​​-Xdebug
  • -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8000,server=y,suspend=n

Additionally, could you also make sure that connection attempt is not blocked by the firewall in between the machines.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
supandey
19-Tanzanite

Kirti, just to confirm is your ThingWorx accessible from the machine where eclipse is installed, i.e. from the web browser? Could you share the complete error message/log?

Thanks Sushant for your prompt response,

Yes,Thingworx is accessible from that machine.I am sharing the debug configuration and error screenshots,If this can help..

debugConfig.pngdebugError.PNG

To resolve this,I also tried increasing the debugging timeout,but didn't help.Are there any commands that should be run from thingworx side?...Could you please tell what are the steps we need to follow.

Thanks &Regards,

supandey
19-Tanzanite

I understand that you are using 2nd method but still could you try putting the debug java options on tomcat , basically the ones highlighted in 1st method

• ​​-Xdebug
  • -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8000,server=y,suspend=n

Additionally, could you also make sure that connection attempt is not blocked by the firewall in between the machines.

Hi Sushant,

The application now runs as Remote application.......But how to identify which method is getting called ? There is no way to check for errors in the code at runtime...I am trying to create a custom widget for chart but only the chart titlte is populated ,chart is not drawn.The SVG for chart gets appended...How to debug this at runtime ?

Top Tags