cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How to connect vuforia to personal thingworx instance

aziliotto
4-Participant

How to connect vuforia to personal thingworx instance

Hi,

i am in the beta program for vuforia studio. I have accesso to cloud instance of thingworx that is connected to vuforia. I am able to create things and read properties and excecute services on thingworx from vuforia. I noticed that is installed an extension called like "vuforia experience services connector" that in my opinion is needed to connect vuforia to thingworx. Now i need that extension for connect my own instance on thingworx on another server to my pilot vuforia service. Where can i find this extension / plugin ?

thanks

Alberto

6 REPLIES 6

Also interested in more info regarding vuforia. Hope somebody replies.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:aziliotto)

Hi Alberto Ziliotto​,

In Pilot program both Vuforia Experience Server and connected ThingWorx Instance are Hosted by PTC R&D. The feature to connect your own ThingWorx is not available currently. It will be made available in Future.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

aziliotto
4-Participant
(To:ankigupta)

Thank you Ankit Gupta !

Hi Alberto,

instead of reconfiguring the Experience service so that it points to your ThingWorx server instance you can use ThingWorx-native ways of connecting your ThingWorx server (let's name it YourTWXSvr) to the ThingWorx Server that comes with the Experience service (let's name it StudioTWXSvr). There are two ways:

1. You can use ThingWorx federation to publish Things from YourTWXSvr to StudioTWXSvr.
  2. You can create services in StudioTWXSvr based on the ContentLoader utility services that call services on YourTWXSvr via the ThingWorx REST API.

The federation approach works in any situation (YourTWXSrv on your private network and behind a firewall and StudioTWXSvr on the internet or both on the internet) and provides a higher degree of automation (no need to code your own services). I uploaded a 5-Step HowTo Document here: TWX Federation Setup Guide.docx. In addition there is a corresponding section in the ThingWorx HelpCenter: Configuring a Federation. This HelpCenter page includes a link to a video tutorial as well!

Thanks Moritz ! i will try as soon as possible !

Alberto

Hi Ankit Gupta​,

currently I am testing with Thingworx Studio Trial and I also want to connect my own Thingworx instance with Vuforia.
It is still not possible to because of the pilot project? Or is there any possiblity (e.g. with Thingworx Studio Enterprise or installing an Thingworx extension) to create this connection?

Best regards

Daniel

Top Tags