cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Is it possible to change the port number for ThingWorx Studio?

sully7
13-Aquamarine

Is it possible to change the port number for ThingWorx Studio?

Hello ThingWorx community!

I  just installed the ThingWorx Studio (v1.11), and had a quick question. From what I can tell, ThingWorx Studio sets up a local virtual environment, which then opens the "portal" located through localhost:3000.

We have other applications that use that directory, and it is causing a conflict... so I was wondering - Is there a way to change that port number to something else? I've poked around briefly, and thought maybe there would be a setting located inside of my "ThingWorx Studio.exe.config" file, but have not found any way to easily change it.

Thanks,

James

President & Founder
CadActive Technologies - www.cadactive.com
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi James,

for changing the port, set a Environment Variable (System Variable) under System Properties called ​PORT​ and point it to any port number you want to use. After starting Studio, you will need to manually address the new port in the browser's URL, as the "Open" button is hardcoded to port 3000 - so e.g. to http://localhost:<newPort>

Same manual port change goes for the Preview tab, as it opens with port 3000 as well.

R&D also already created an enhancement for this to get it configurable more easily and more integrated in a future version of ThingWorx Studio.

I hope that helps...

Cheers,

Michael

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi James,

I had a look at the basic configuration files but could not find a setting to change the port - but let me look into it a bit closer before I give a final answer.

Cheers,

Michael

Hi James,

for changing the port, set a Environment Variable (System Variable) under System Properties called ​PORT​ and point it to any port number you want to use. After starting Studio, you will need to manually address the new port in the browser's URL, as the "Open" button is hardcoded to port 3000 - so e.g. to http://localhost:<newPort>

Same manual port change goes for the Preview tab, as it opens with port 3000 as well.

R&D also already created an enhancement for this to get it configurable more easily and more integrated in a future version of ThingWorx Studio.

I hope that helps...

Cheers,

Michael

sully7
13-Aquamarine
(To:mneumann)

Awesome!! Thanks for looking in to this.

President & Founder
CadActive Technologies - www.cadactive.com
Top Tags