cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to upgrade "Windchill Extension for ThingWorx" on Windchill server while upgrading Windchill 11 M010 to Windchill 11 M020

vshanmugavelayu
9-Granite

How to upgrade "Windchill Extension for ThingWorx" on Windchill server while upgrading Windchill 11 M010 to Windchill 11 M020

I have upgraded the Windchill server from Windchill 11 M010 to Windchill 11 M020 build. I want to know if there are any specific steps to be followed before installing "Windchill Extension for ThingWorx" (11.0-M020_WCTWXExtension-07.07) to uninstall the older "Windchill Extension for ThingWorx" (11.0-M010_WCTWXExtension-07.05)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Please refer to the following document: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS192818&lang=en_US

Importing a Newer Version of an Extension - Upgrading

• If changing the major version number do the following:
    1. Export all of the dependent entities for the current version of Extension (Tags will help with this process)
    2. Remove the existing current extension using the Extension Manager under the Import/Export menu option in Composer
    3. Restart the ThingWorx instance (via Tomcat)
    4. Import the new version of the Extension
    5. Import the Entities
  • If only changing the minor or patch version number an in-place upgrade is applicable and the extension can be imported into ThingWorx with the prior version still in place

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Please refer to the following document: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS192818&lang=en_US

Importing a Newer Version of an Extension - Upgrading

• If changing the major version number do the following:
    1. Export all of the dependent entities for the current version of Extension (Tags will help with this process)
    2. Remove the existing current extension using the Extension Manager under the Import/Export menu option in Composer
    3. Restart the ThingWorx instance (via Tomcat)
    4. Import the new version of the Extension
    5. Import the Entities
  • If only changing the minor or patch version number an in-place upgrade is applicable and the extension can be imported into ThingWorx with the prior version still in place

Thanks Polish,

how about the update on windchill Side? Is there any step to uninstall the previous build patch before installing the new version patch?

I would refer to the windchill documentation (I'm on the Thingworx side), but since this is a patch, I'm assuming you wouldn't need to uninstall the previous one.

Top Tags