cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to pass parent mashup's parameters to contained mashup?

yingziDing
4-Participant

How to pass parent mashup's parameters to contained mashup?

Hi,

I created a mashup named A with a parameter "ID". I want to pass the parameter "ID" to the contained mashup when mashup A loaded. How can I do this job?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:yingziDing)

Hi, you go to the contained mashup first (call B), and create a same type parameter in the mashup B as in your mashup A. Then you go back to your mashup A and from the mashup configuration, drag and drop the parameter onto the contained mashup. I will create a quick exampel and attach it in a few minutes. Note: Please keep in mind you cannot actually call a parameter "ID" as its a reserved name.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
posipova
20-Turquoise

Hi, you go to the contained mashup first (call B), and create a same type parameter in the mashup B as in your mashup A. Then you go back to your mashup A and from the mashup configuration, drag and drop the parameter onto the contained mashup. I will create a quick exampel and attach it in a few minutes. Note: Please keep in mind you cannot actually call a parameter "ID" as its a reserved name.

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:posipova)

Attached find an example of Mashup A with contained mashup B passing a parameter1 to parameter2.

Polina Osipova

I have almost the same use case but with a slightly change: I set the Container Mashupname parameter dinamically, so the contained mashups are different, so I dont get the "parameter" input. Do you know how to solve this?

You could try using sessionvariables.

How can I bind the session variable to dropdown list?

yingziDing
4-Participant
(To:posipova)

Thanks! I resolved the problem.

yingziDing
4-Participant

In my mashup, I use menu in the left and contained mashup in the right. My mashup have the parameter "accountId' and the mashup in the contained mashup also has the parameter "accountId". In addition to dragging the left menu's "Mashup" parameter to the "Name" of contained mashup, you must set a mashup with the parameter "accountId" as initial mashup. Now the parameter "accountId" is added into the contained mashup, and you can drag the parent mashup's "accountId" to the contained mashup "accountId'. When you view the mashup and click the menu, all mashups being displayed in the contained mashup will get the parameter "accountId'.

passparameter.png

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine

Dear yz ding,

Glad to hear your issue is resolved. Please make correct answer and you could also mark any post as helpful and then we could close this thread.

Thank you,

Br,

Anna

HI,

Would you mind to send out you entity? I want to have a look. I only can read out one contained mashup parameter, but I cannot send the parameter to another contained mashup. I just use the menu to choose the contained mashup. e ... I don't know the more detail operations. Would you mind to give me some advice?

Thanks a lot.

Top Tags