cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Getting "save failed, status: Forbidden message:" Error while saving entinty

PGayathri
5-Regular Member

Getting "save failed, status: Forbidden message:" Error while saving entinty

Hi,

I am getting below error while saving any entity

"save failed, status: Forbidden message:"

I am unable to create/save new entity. I am contineously getting below warings

Combined.7.3.1-b39.20170117.014959.00367.js:8872 i18next::interpolator: missed to pass in variable responseText for interpolating save failed, status: Forbidden message: __responseText__

Please help me.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:PGayathri)

What database are you using?

Please attach your application log found in ThingworxStorage/logs

PGayathri
5-Regular Member
(To:posipova)

Hi Polina Osipova,

After restarting tomcat and system I am able to create/save the entity, but I am getting below warnings contineously. Please find the attachment Application/logs

Combined.7.3.1-b39.20170117.014959.00367.js:8872 i18next::interpolator: missed to pass in variable name for interpolating Output: __name__ : __baseType__

Error: Could not find permission for entityType "undefined" and permission "Create" in designTimeEntityPermissions

please help me.

Thanks.

posipova
20-Turquoise

Are you doing it as an administrator user? What is your database? It seems like connection to your persistent provider (db) is not consistent,

Also what is your tomcat version? In the log it shows 8.0.12 - our recommended minimum is 8.0.33.

PGayathri
5-Regular Member

Yes, I am doing it as an administrator user and my database is Neo & Tomcat Version is 8.0.12. I am also having another composer with tomcat version 8.0.33,In that composer also I am facing the same issue.

If the problem is with tomcat version, how can I update my tomcat without losing my thingworx data.

Thanks.

posipova
20-Turquoise

I don't believe tomcat version would be causing this; however, this might be a problem with Neo/possible corruption. Are you able to export all entities and all data? I would do export to storage for everything and thern upgrade to use Postgresql rather than Neo.

PGayathri
5-Regular Member

How to upgrade to Postgresql from neo for thingworx. Can you please guide me.

Thanks.

posipova
20-Turquoise

Depending on which version you go with, please check the installation guides and obtain the software found here (thingworx platform, postgresql version):  http://support.ptc.com/

For 7.3,  https://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/172180/en/Installing_ThingWorx_7.3_1.pdf

system requirements: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/standards/fileothumbredirect.jsp?&im_dbkey=172182&icg_dbkey=522

NOTE: we currently do not support Postgresql 9.5, so please go with the latest 9.4 available (9.4.11)

Note all of the current extensions in your system. Export all entities, export all data. Then also export everything to storage. Now go to your ThingworxStorage folder -> exports and copy the contents elsewhere (once the export finishes) - for backup purposes..

Stop tomcat, go to tomcat/webapps folder and remove the Thingworx directory and the thinworx.war. Then rename your ThingworxStorage and ThingworxBackupStorage to something else (to ensure it's not being referenced anymore and not to lose the data before the upgrade).

Follow the installation guide to install postgresql db and run the scripts ( 2 of them) from the PTC downloadable .

Install the new Thingworx.war . Place the folder from the export  that you backed up in the previous step into the new ThingworxStorage/exports. Start the tomcat.

Start the application. Import all of the extensions you had in your original system. Now do the export from storage and first import all entities ignoring subsystems (check), then import second time without ignoring subsystems (uncheck). Import the data - depending on how big your data is , this step will take a while. You can check application log for completion.

PGayathri
5-Regular Member

Okay Thank you Polina Osipova. will let you know once I am done with it.

Thank you so much for the response

PGayathri
5-Regular Member

I have updated my thingworx with 8.0.1 version. and i am getting below error 

[message: [1,018] Data store unknown error: [Error occurred while accessing the property provider.]].

i am getting above error even if the thingworx is using mssql or postgres as backend.

please help me.

Top Tags