cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How Can I restrict a user to view one page in a project having multiple page?

bgupta-2
9-Granite

How Can I restrict a user to view one page in a project having multiple page?

Hi All,

How Can I restrict a user to view one page in a  project having multiple page?

I have three user groups  in which one user group need to restrict for some page.

How can we achieve this?

8 REPLIES 8
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:bgupta-2)

When you talk about "page" are you regerring to a mashup? Could you please provide some clarification/details on the scenario?

HI,

I have two page mashups. In which first page need to visible for all three user group users. second page need to display for only two users. So for third user how can I restrict?

User groups 

1 - Plant Reliability Engineer

2 - Plant Maintenance Engineer

3 -  Plant Operator.

I need to put restrict for Plant Maintenance engineer.

My first page

On clicking left side any asset it goes to second page.

My second Page

posipova
20-Turquoise

Go to your mashup list in the composer and click this icon across the mashup page you need to restrict:

Then

Then you may specify permissions on the runtime.

Alternatively, you can get rid of the Everyone organization and set up your permissions group by group for everything, including visibility. That way by default  nobody would have a permission to view your mashups and instead you would set up visibility for each group individually.

First way already tried that is not working.

Can you elaborate more second step?

posipova
20-Turquoise

If you check your Organizatioins, by default all users are added to Everyone organization, meaning everything is visible to them - this is not a good security practice. Best way is to remove users from that organization and set up all permissions from scratch. Create a separate organization  (1) for your user groups and divide up visibility on different things. Create one organization (2) for all of them for the shared visibility on things.

Add visibility to organization 2 on such things as EntityServices resource, PlatformSubsystem  and AlertManagement subsystems.

This video talks more about the permission levels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzFqxvgHtpI&index=8&list=PLz1ppcU_kaneagUT9qgQfz3HByf6-9zTF

You may also look at this document on the use of system user The use of System User

Thanks,

Now I have created one user : User1.

For this user I have given following Design and Run time permission for my FlowserveMashup.

When I am viewing  as User1 user FlowserveMashup I am seeing something like below

But when as administrator i am viewing FlowserveMashup lokk like

Can you let me know what is problem? Is any other access require to see  mashup seems to look administrator user?

posipova
20-Turquoise

You would need to set up permissions on every thing, thing template, service, persistence provider(storage) used in the mashup. You may try collection level permissions - the lock icon next to the collection name (Things, Thing Templates, etc)

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Bhuwaneshwar Gupta​,

Open the mashup with the user having permission issue. Now check Application logs using Administrator user to find missing permission(s).

Give the requisite permission to resolve your issue.

I hope it helps.

Top Tags