cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Can We configure variables globally in Thingworx Composer

sdaram
1-Newbie

Can We configure variables globally in Thingworx Composer

Hi , Can we configure variables in thingworx globally. Something like How we are Maintaining WEB.CONFIG file in .NET. In My Scenario I want to configure a variable where i need to set refresh rate of page (SCREENREFRATE='5' min). In later point of time if i want to change SCREENREFRATE from 5 min to 10 min .I need to easily change the value Do we have this kind of settings in Thingworx Composer. please let us know Thanks & Regards Spandhana

5 REPLIES 5
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:sdaram)

Hi spandana daram​,

I suppose that this can be achieved by creating a Thing and saving these information as persistent properties.

Then use it wherever you want.

Hi Ankit,I am facing the same issue. Could you please explain in detail?

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:bmarimuthu-2)

Hi Bavithraa Marimuthu​,

Could you please explain your usecase in detail?

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Spandana, have you already tried the option of setting the Session Parameters? You can customize the session parameter by adding your custom thing shapes and once you have it there you could reference anywhere in the composer.

Or have i got your use case wrong?

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi spandana daram​,

If the Global Parameters are common for all users then Creating a Thing with Persistent Properties can be used.

If the Global Parameters can have different values for different users then Session Parameters as suggested by Sushant Pandey can be used.

Top Tags