cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Get line for points in XY chart

ahawaldar
1-Newbie

Get line for points in XY chart

Hi Ankit Gupta

There are couple of questions . Please help me .

1)  Though the QueryPropertyHistory returned exact values when I executed the service, the values of properties shown on mash up was trimmed one. How can I avoid this? I need exact values. The baseType of property  is NUMBER

2) I remember  for one of my question How to show Fast Fourier transform for a set of readings from accelerometer in mash up? u had said to use seriesType1 property of the xy widget to line to get a line. I didn't find this in XY chart. Its present only in time series chart. How can I get line view here?

Thanks,

Azim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:ahawaldar)

Try setting Yaxisformat property of TimeSeries Chart to something like 0000.00000

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
ankigupta
5-Regular Member

For Query 1:

Grid widget has the option to format the Columns. Go to Dropdown->configure Grid columns.

Select the Property and open Column Renderer & State Formatting tab.

Change the Format according to your requirement.

Hi Ankit Gupta​,

I need to display exact values on time series chart.  Not on the grid widget. Please help me to achieve the same on time series chart.

Thanks,

Azim

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Try setting Yaxisformat property of TimeSeries Chart to something like 0000.00000

Hi Ankit Gupta​,

Thanks this helped me . I have marked your answer as correct answer. Also is there a way to debug mashup? Where can I find logs if there is anything wrong in mashup configuration?

Thanks,

Azim

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi azim hawaldar​,

Great! I am glad it helped.

When we view Mashup; we get option for Show/Hide Log and Show/Hide Debug Info. Is that what you are looking for?

Hi Ankit Gupta​,

I dont think Show/Hide Log and Show/Hide Debug Info options will help me. Because, this will be helpful when once mashup is configure properly. But, if mashup configuration itself is wrong, then how did I get to know where is the configuration issue.

Thanks,

Azim

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

azim hawaldar​, Can you give me an example; for anything wrong in mashup configuration ​to help me understand the requirement more clearly?

Hi Ankit Gupta​,

Consider my previous query on

Display Data on Mashup Composer, from remote devices​ you said that baseType has to be Number rather than String  for time series chart.  So. how can I get to know that the baseType has to be Number rather than String . Hope you got it know.

Thanks,

Azim

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

azim hawaldar​,

The input of TimeSeries Chart is an infotable so the configuration was correct and Mashup Builder will not allow us to bind data other then infotable to timeSeriesChart.

But after linking the data we will get an empty dropdown for series which indicates that there is no compatible column in the infotable that can be shown in TimeSeries chart.

As per my knowledge; there are no separate logs for incorrect configuration.

I hope it helps.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

For Query2:

I can find the SeriesType1 property in xy chart widget properties. Are you using version 2 charts?

HI Ankit Gupta​,

For a plain XY chart widget, i.e. no binding has done yet, I can see this SeriesType1 property in xy chart widget properties. Once I bind All Data of returned data from QueryPropertyHistory, this SeriesType1 becomes invisible.

seriesType1.png

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi azim hawaldar​,

Use Label chart and bind data with X and Y axis column

Set chart property as following:

Chart Type: Line

XAxisField: X axis column

DataField1: Y axis column

View the chart:

Thanks Ankit for sharing this ideas.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:bgupta-2)

Hi Bhuwaneshwar Gupta​,

I am glad it helped.

Ankit Gupta​   I am seeking assistance on how to plot two XY series in label plot as they are coming different sources.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:hkumar-41)

Hi Harish Kumar​,

The XY chart widget does not take multiple data source. So, you have three options:

1. Create separate charts for each series.

2. If the Thing Template of the Things is same; you can use GetImplementingThingWithData Service with Dynamic services to show different series in the same chart based on which Thing is currently selected. This is explained in Detail in the ThingWorx Foundation Training.

3. Combine the Data into single Infotable in a Service and use it in your Mashup. If the amount of data is high; this option could result in Performance issue.

Top Tags