cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to display a valuestream on a time series chart

tlichtenberger-
1-Newbie

How to display a valuestream on a time series chart

Good morning everyone!

I am trying to display the history of one specific property of my thing within a time series chart. The property is already logged which means I can call the history with the QueryPropertyHistory-Service, right?

But if I bind the property to the time series chart, I get following error:  No Value Stream is assigned to "thingname". Thats why I tried to create a Valuestream thing, but I got confused because in the process of configuring the Valuestream, one can assign a Valuestream to the valuestream??

Could anyone please give me an overview on how to do that? I would be very grateful about any help you can give me?

Are there any tutorial on that topic available? Because I have found nothing that suits that topic!

Thanks! Theresa

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Theresa, are you able to successfully test QueryPropertyHistory service, i.e. before using it in the chart widget? If the properties are successfully being logged in that valueStream yes you should just be able to query it via the QueryPropertyHistory.

As to the details on modeling a value stream and then how to use it in the mashup, there's quite a good video available you might want to check if you haven't already.

As a general check I'd always test the service from within the Thing in case if properties are not coming up at all or if i am getting error while using that Entity in the Mashup.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:tlichtenberger-)

Hi Theresa Lichtenberger​,

So, there is a Thing and a ValueStream is assigned to that Thing. Could you please confirm if you are running the QueryPropertyHistory Service from the Thing.

Also, have you selected the Mashup On Load while adding the Service in the Mashup so that the data is available for TimeSeries Chart on Mashup Load.

Top Tags