cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

What does "breadcrumb select" in tree widget provides as a output ??

sostwal
1-Newbie

What does "breadcrumb select" in tree widget provides as a output ??

I have tree structure of continent, country and city, in a tree widget so what should my breadcrumb select give as a output? We need to pass the selected text as a service input.

Thanks

Swaraj

7 REPLIES 7
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:sostwal)

It shows the currently selected node path, for example, refer to this example to see how a tree widget can be used for a hierarchical directory of a menu, in which breadcrumb shows  the complete directory path:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS251574&lang=en_US

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi swaraj ostwal​,

If I understand your query correctly; you can use the Selected rows(s) -> property from the Service which feeds the data to the tree widget. And use this output as service input for the other service.

I hope it helps.

Hi Ankit,

I think, I am not able to put myself correctly. My ultimate aim is to pass the selected parameter from tree widget to a service for data fetch. Using tree widget i have 3 options,

1. configure bindings

2. selected breadcrumb

3. Double clicked

Now i am sure configure binding will not allow me pass the selected node of tree, it can happen using selected breadcrumb or double clicked. Double clicked i checked can't be provided to a service as input. (For information my service is just a select query with [node name] in where clause).

So only option for me is selected breadcrumb, which if connected to text box give o/p as "Parent node > Child node > Sub-child node". But I need only the sub-child node. For which I modified my query in the service suing indexing, but it seems to fail when i run the whole mashup. On the other hand if I run the service separately providing this input "Parent node > Child node > Sub-child node". It functions correctly.

I hope I am clear. Please suggest what needs to be done.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi swaraj ostwal​,

You must have used a service to add data to the Tree widget which would be in the form of an infotable. Basically, you want the parent entry of that Row as the selected text?

If yes, my last comment would be helpful.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

example:

I am passing from of the service -> Selected Row(s) to the label widget and in mashup I get:

Hi Ankit,

We did as per your comment be we are still unable to navigate to selected location on Google map. I am attaching the mashup, datashape and thing for your reference.

If you need more details please let me know.

Thanks,

Omkar

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:odarde)

Try linking like below:

Top Tags