cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

User for AppKey

kbadr
1-Newbie

User for AppKey

Hello,

I would like to know how to create a user in Thingworx 6.5 that has the privilege of seeing the mashup but without assigning the user in the Administrator group?

Thanks in advance

Karim B

4 REPLIES 4
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:kbadr)

Hi Karim you can create a new user by navigating to the Security > Users > New

Once done you can use either one of the non Administrator groups e.g. Developer or Design and add the user there, for adding the user to a group navigate to Security > User Groups > choose the Group in which you want to add the user.

In case the default groups i.e. Designer or Developer not displayed just enable the Show System Objects like so:

Hope this helps.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Karim BADR​,

You can also create own userGroup and Orangization which has access to just viewing the mashup.

Hi Ankit,

Thanks a lot for your help as usual.

One last thing how can I define the parameters which give the access to just viewing mashups for userGroup and organization?

Thanks in advance

KB

supandey
19-Tanzanite

For assigning visibility or CRUD operation on entities for particular user group or organization you should check the Design time and runtime permissions. It'll be much easier to handle permissions on individual entities if you'd define the permissions on the template level.

Here's the link for you to understand more on Inheriting Permissions from a Thing Template additionally there's video included in the Organization section of the HelpCenter to further explain the setup and visibility.

Top Tags