cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Google Maps Widget

gwoilerrauscher
1-Newbie

Google Maps Widget

Hallo,

does anyone know how I can show a route in the google maps widget?
Or where I could find any documentation on this subject.

I am able to show a static location in the map, but I cannot show a route.

Should I create a thing to be my route. It should be a infotable with the localization points only? How do I show this on the map?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gustavo, you would need to bind data to the RouteData setting in the GoogleMap Widget properties. Once you have data set, you can check ShowRoute to display them. If you just want to show the path, you can check ShowPathBetweenMarkers.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Gustavo, you would need to bind data to the RouteData setting in the GoogleMap Widget properties. Once you have data set, you can check ShowRoute to display them. If you just want to show the path, you can check ShowPathBetweenMarkers.

Thanks for the reply,

I tried creating a data set (it was an Infotable with three locations) and it really show this route on the map.

Now I want to update this infotable with the "realtime" location of another thing I have (My cellphone).

I can already display the location of the phone on the map, but I am unable to show the path followed so far.

I could use some help, thanks!

Are the values logged to a Stream or ValueStream? You would need location history to display multiple points.

What is routedata? and how to create routedata? thanks!

Top Tags