cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How do you batch create things?

lliangjb
1-Newbie

How do you batch create things?

Hello, everyone!

I want to create 100,000 things in Thingworx,one by one create is too slow,Did you have quick way to create itimport or   code to create?

I THANK very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:supandey)

In addition to Sushant details; I recommend you to do it in a try-catch block to avoid any issues.

Please refer to following link which shares details on Creating a Thing in Service Script

I hope it helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:lliangjb)

Hi Ju Bin, you can create things programmatically and for that you can use the EntityService from System > Resources

So for creating n number of Things you could call that CreateThing services in a loop.

Hope this helps.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:supandey)

In addition to Sushant details; I recommend you to do it in a try-catch block to avoid any issues.

Please refer to following link which shares details on Creating a Thing in Service Script

I hope it helps.

Thank you very much. I'm going to learn this code

Another recommendation would be to do it in blocks ( 100 by 100 or alike ), why? Creating long lasting transactions it's a bad choice in TW. To do this, you will have to create a timer which triggers the Creation Services, and on each trigger consume like a hundred.

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:CarlesColl)

Thanks Carles, that's quite an important note.

Top Tags