cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to use the thingworx styles in an extension widget?

efernandez1
1-Newbie

How to use the thingworx styles in an extension widget?

Hi all,

I am currently developing a responsive doughnut chart widget and I have finally managed to finish everything except the styles. I want to be able to set the colour of the chart from the Thingworx Composer, however I am no table to get the information available in the style I created on my runtime Javascript.

So my question is how are you able to use the style information in the development of an extension widget? How can I get the Background Color, Foreground Color, Line color, Line Thickness, etc... from the style to my runtime?

I have tried using this.getProperty('ChartStyle'), this.properties['ChartStyle'] both which return a simple String. I have also tried

if (updatePropertyInfo.TargetProperty === "ChartStyle"){

var styleData = updatePropertyInfo.ActualDataRows;

}

And then use the Chrome developer tools to see if I could get a value an array out of it and I ended up with undefined. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Eric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Eric,

The styles require a different way of accessing the property, and it's through a helper function.

The following information is extracted from the ThingWorx Foundation Extension Development Guide (https://support.ptc.com/view?im_dbkey=170215):

"Formatting - if you have a property with baseType of STYLEDEFINITION, you can get the style information by calling var formatResult = TW.getStyleFromStyleDefinition( widgetProperties['PropertyName']);"

Best regards,

Vladimir

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Eric,

The styles require a different way of accessing the property, and it's through a helper function.

The following information is extracted from the ThingWorx Foundation Extension Development Guide (https://support.ptc.com/view?im_dbkey=170215):

"Formatting - if you have a property with baseType of STYLEDEFINITION, you can get the style information by calling var formatResult = TW.getStyleFromStyleDefinition( widgetProperties['PropertyName']);"

Best regards,

Vladimir

Thank you Vladimir! I feel so stupid for not finding it in the extension guide!

Regards,

Eric

Top Tags