cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Platform Extension Dependencies

dbaerg
1-Newbie

Platform Extension Dependencies

In developing an extension for the marketplace, it is acceptable for an extension to have a dependency on another extension? Additionally, is there a particular way this should be done? I presume distributing the existing extension along with our extension would not be allowed. The specific case I'm considering is the free MQTT extension.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:dbaerg)

You may use the existing extension (in this case, MQTT) as a dependency. One will simply install the MQTT extension first, then the one you develop (ensure to assemble the metadata file correctly). I'm attachign some documentation on custom extensibility.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:dbaerg)

You may use the existing extension (in this case, MQTT) as a dependency. One will simply install the MQTT extension first, then the one you develop (ensure to assemble the metadata file correctly). I'm attachign some documentation on custom extensibility.

Top Tags