cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Custom Thingmarks in ThingWorx Studio

tparker-2
8-Gravel

Custom Thingmarks in ThingWorx Studio

Looking over on Vuforia.com there are tools to make custom VuMarks. There is a video guide too.

Will we be seeing this functionality extended to ThingWorx studio?

Making custom ThingMarks with a company logo or for specific projects would be really nice.

13 REPLIES 13
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:tparker-2)

Tom Parker​: Yes, right now the ThingMarks Design is done by R&D team and there are plans to provide custom ThingMarks for ThingWorx Studio.

Do let me know if you are interested and I can try to get more details about it.

-Durgesh

Hello Durgesh

Please provide more details! We would like to produce our own ThingMark to demonstrate to our customers can be achieved.

An import tool for ThingWorx Studio to bring in custom designed VuMarks, based on the guidelines above, would be ideal in the long run.

Thanks

Tom

eirias
1-Newbie
(To:dupatel)

Hi Durgesh Patel

I´m interested in develop our own thingmarks in Studio as we made in Unity with Vuforia Package. Can you give me more details about it too?

dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:eirias)

Erick IriasTom Parker​: At the moment, the ThingMark generation process is PTC internal and you would have to reach out to PTC Support team to generate new ThingMarks.

-Durgesh

eirias
1-Newbie

How can I get a direct contact with the Team to do it? Thanks for your answer and help!

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

Erick Irias​: I will check this internally for providing you the required contact detail and update soon.

-Durgesh

eirias
1-Newbie

Thanks Durgesh Patel​! I'll wait for your news.

Hi Durgesh

Is there any news on making custom Thingmark using tool like VuMark and using it inside Studio?

Thanks

whity
16-Pearl

Hi Durgesh, hi fellow developers,

i have created my own .svg with the scripts for Illustrator. Is there a way, how I could get my custom VuMark into Thing Worx Studio, like eirias described it?

Hi @whity,

I am not sure if I understood correctly your quesiton - 

So I will answer here the quesiton how to add the VuMakrs  so that they should be displayed in the Configuration - > My ThingMarks :

2019-01-30_11-29-04.gif

An then should be selectable :

2019-01-30_11-29-34.gif

I know that this is working for PTC thingmarks but I hope it could work also for customer vumarks. If not then please, let me know so to ask dev team.

So to add thingmarks in Studio:

1.) stop the Studio on Windows

2.) copy the svg files to the  <Your User>\Documents\VuforiaStudio\ThingMarks

3.) open the <Your User>\Documents\VuforiaStudio\builder-settings.json

4.) and add the thingmarks to the 

2019-01-30_11-41-33.gif

I am sorry , after further check -  I found an internal Info form development with the following statement - /status end of November 2018: 

"Studio currently only supports using ThingMarks. We do not have any short term plans to support Vumarks."

So means that we can not used VuMarks in Studio! So that my previous post is valid ony for Thingmarks

This matches with what I have heard from PTC also. As a compromise we have been modifying the stock ThingMarks to be more subtle and not have the PTC logo on them. As long as you follow the guidelines for maintaining the contrast ratio between light and dark areas you can change the colors of the data matrix, you are also free to do whatever you want in the background area. Below is a production example for what we are doing. The "47" is the bike size this is mostly to make sure we can keep the stickers straight but also works as a second size sticker on the bike. We have found 60% grey and black to work well in the field if you are looking for minimum contrast ratio.

2019-01-30 15_39_38-C19_SystemSix_AR_47_v1.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.png

Thanks

This is what I was asking whether we can have a thingmark with our own image partially,

Thanks a lot.

-Ravi

Top Tags