cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How to give administrator rights to any user in Thingworx

psaxena
1-Newbie

How to give administrator rights to any user in Thingworx

any user we create in thingworx, how to give them adminstrative rights

5 REPLIES 5

If you have already created the users, there is an OOTB User Group called 'Administrators' that you can add users to, which will treat them as an Administrator account.  It is a system object, so you may have to use the Advanced Search option 'Show System Objects' to see it.

ttielebein
12-Amethyst
(To:psaxena)

You can add the users as members to the Administrators group, and this should give them full access to Composer.

Hope this helps!

Tori

Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:psaxena)

Priyanshi, as others have mentioned, adding a User to the Administrators User Group would be the straightforward way. The Administrators group, being a system group would be hidden by default; so you would need to click on the 'Advanced' button next to the filter search bar and click on 'Show System Objects'.

With that being said, what is your use case here? Security-wise and scalability-wise, I would not recommend adding users directly to the Administrators group. If you want to add a group of users (like Devs) temporarily to the admin group, I would recommend creating a group called Devs, adding your required users to that group and then finally adding the 'Devs' group to Administrators.

Hello Aanjan,

My problem is the following: without putting users in the Administrators G.roup I'm not able to make them see and interact with the mashup.

I don't want to give them the admistrator role as they don't have to access the composer.

Marco

Marco, Application logs should point out where and why it is erroring out. You would then need to set permissions (most likely visibility and service execute) for whatever is erroring out.

Top Tags