cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Is there any tutorial available on how to use time series chart or bar chart in Thingworx Studio?

dsengupta-21
2-Guest

Is there any tutorial available on how to use time series chart or bar chart in Thingworx Studio?

I want to add a time series chart in my experience where the x axis will be time and y axis will be RPM value of the Car1 Thing. Can you provide some tutorial for that?

Thank you...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:dsengupta-21)

Hi Dipika Sengupta​,

TimeSeries chart requires an infotable (timestamp and values) to show the Series. Try binding the output of QueryPropertyHistory service from ThingWorx to the Studio TimeSeriesChart. Then set the X-axis Field name as timestamp and Y-axis Field name as RPM.

I hope it helps.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Dipika Sengupta​,

I just checked the ThingWorx Studio Tutorial Hub but didn't find the Time Series Chart. I will check internally if it planned for future.

I can help you with any specific issue regarding the time series chart.

Hi Ankit,

Thank you for your response...

I have bind the RPM to the Data field of the time series chart. But when I am seeing it in the preview or in the view app, it is showing that data is not loaded. Can you tell me how can I do it?

Regards,

Dipika

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Dipika Sengupta​,

TimeSeries chart requires an infotable (timestamp and values) to show the Series. Try binding the output of QueryPropertyHistory service from ThingWorx to the Studio TimeSeriesChart. Then set the X-axis Field name as timestamp and Y-axis Field name as RPM.

I hope it helps.

Hi Ankit,

I couldn't understand what do you mean by output of QueryPropertyHistory service.. Can you please elaborate?

Thank you

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

by output I am referring to All Items of QueryPropertyHistory Service

Hi Ankit Gupta​,

Can you please explain your ans?

Regards,

Dipika

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Dipika Sengupta​,

Could you please open your ThingWorx composer associated with Experience Server and navigate to Car1 Thing -> Services -> Generic Services -> QueryPropertyHistory. Click on test to see if it returns result.

If it works fine; add this service as External Data in ThingWorx Studio and follow my steps above.

Hi Ankit Gupta​,

The service QueryPropertyHistory is running fine in composer. But in Thingworx studio after following all the steps also the chart is showing "Data is not loaded yet". 

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Dipika Sengupta​,

Please check Invoke on Startup as shown below.

Also, set Auto-refresh based on your requirement.

Hi Ankit Gupta​,

Thank you for your reply. I had selected the invoke on startup and auto-refresh button earlier. Now, I have bind ServiceInvokeComplete to the Update Chart of the Time series chart. The data is coming now. But I want the graph to move with time. How can I achieve that?

Regards,

Dipika

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Dipika Sengupta​,

Is the chart not updating with the auto-refresh? I hope by graph to move with time you mean that it updates regularly.

Hi Ankit Gupta​,

It is updating. But in the X-axis the difference is 2mins. I want it to be 5secs. Can it be done?

Regards,

Dipika

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Dipika Sengupta​,

What is the DataChange interval for RPM?

Could you please share the Screenshot of what you mean by 2 min difference? Are you referring to the labels in x-Axis?

If I am understanding your requirement correctly; you can try reducing the maxItems property in the QueryPropertyHistory -> parameters.

Hi Ankit Gupta​,

Is it possible to change the unit of x axis to 5 sec.I can see the default value in the timestamp is 2mins difference. I want to plot new data every 5secs.  How to do it?

graph.PNG

I want the x-axis to be like this ->  11:30:00am, 11:30:05am , 11:30:10am and so on

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Dipika Sengupta​,

The labels are generated automatically based on the number of Rows of the data. Please try reducing the MaxItems to send less rows to display the chart.

Hi Ankit,

I want something like the map shown in this post Waveform Chart like in Thingworx ....

I want the historic data o be there. Is that possible in Thingworx studio?

Regards,

Dipika

Top Tags