cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

List of External DBs that can be connected using JDBC connectors

rkandasamy-2
1-Newbie

List of External DBs that can be connected using JDBC connectors

Hi Team,

I am looking for list of external DBs that are supported and can be connected to thingworx using JDBC connectors. Please direct me to the link if there any documentations for the same.

It would be better if i could more details like if there are any known issues related to that DB.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Radhakrishnan, are you referring to the JDBC Connector for connecting to non supported DBs? I'm not aware of availability of such a list but I've tried with lot of DBs most recently CockroachDB​ and it works for some needed some tweaks but in general it works.

But what you definitely need to check is that it's not officially supported, I'd rather use it like a handy tool to get started

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:rkandasamy-2)

Hi Radhakrishnan kandasamy​,

I agree with Sushant. I too have tried to connect many JDBC Db and all have worked fine. is there any particular DB you are looking to connect?

Hi Ankit and sushant,

Thanks!. We are just exploring some options for a POC and wanted to know what are the list of of DBs available for the same.

As per the relational database connectors descriptions mentioned in thingworx market place, only below available external DBs that are officially supported.

• Oracle Database – versions: 11, 12
  • MySQL – versions: 4.1, 5.0, 5.1, 5.5, 5.6, 5.7
  • Microsoft SQL – versions: 2008, 2012, 2014
  • PostgreSQL – versions: 7.2 and newer
  • IBM DB2 – versions: 10.1, 10.5

Other DBs can be connected using the JDBC connector that comes along with that DB. But that is not officially supported by thingworx,

I hope our understanding is correct.

That is correct Radhakrishnan, the JDBC connector is provided "as-is" only.

Top Tags