cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How can i generate and print multiple QR Codes from one Grid/InfoTable/DataTable ?

mberber1
1-Newbie

How can i generate and print multiple QR Codes from one Grid/InfoTable/DataTable ?

Hello to everyone;

In my projects theory, user can print numerous amounts of QR Code. The data may provide from one Grid/InfoTable/DataTable. I am currently using PrintButton and GenerateQRCode extensions and i can successfully print one QR Code at a time. But when i want to print 10, 20, 50 QR codes in lines how can generate such data? I assume the Service will contain Infotable variables, Loops which runs TableLenght time, and generate some form of Infotable which can be print by Barcode Printer.

Any suggestions will help.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:mberber1)

I think a repeater could probably accomplish what you need?

Hi Pai;

Thank you for your answer but printing bar-code from a bar-code printer via ThingWorx is a difficult process. Because Bar-Code printers use ZPL or similar languages to understand and print specific document.

In ThingWorx, we can generate bar-code and list them multiple times in a grid but when it comes to printing, browsers print functions takes charges and print whole page. Bar-codes which needs to align specific area and specific size (in mm sensitivity), browsers printing function became unusable.

So we needed to write new extension to print via ThingWorx

Top Tags