cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Showing real Time data coming from opc ua service in a time series chart in Thingworx Studio

dsengupta-21
2-Guest

Showing real Time data coming from opc ua service in a time series chart in Thingworx Studio

Hi,

I have a created a thing which takes real time value from a OPCUA server. Now I want to map those values in a time series chart. How can I make an infotable of those real time data so that I can use it in the time series chart?

Thanks & Regards,

Dipika Sengupta

5 REPLIES 5
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:dsengupta-21)

Dipika Sengupta​,

Are you logging the real time value in value Stream? If yes, you can use QueryPropertyHistory or QueryNamedPropertyHistory or QueryNumberPropertyHistory to get the infotable values.

I hope it helps.

Hi Ankit Gupta​,

I am not logging the data. Can you provide some reference where I can learn how to log real time data in a value stream .

Regards,

Dipika

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Dipika Sengupta​,

Please check following link for details on ThingWorx Help Center - Value Stream

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

A short answer would be:

1. Create a Value Stream.

2. Assign the ValueStream to the Thing where OPCUA server is coming.

3. Edit each property you want to log and mark the logged checkbox as checked.

I hope it helps.

lets consider you have Data table 'X' thing then You can just make a value stream  'Y'-> map 'Y' to the respective 'X'  data table thing, -> value stream 'Y' consist of subscription-> add new subscription with thing 'X' and with change of the property value in 'X' call service to add data table entry's and get datatable entry's -> map this to your time series chart. you can watch this video to understand value stream https://community.thingworx.com/videos/1467  

Top Tags