cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Thingworx Academic Edition - Missing Import/Export/Extensions

njourdan
1-Newbie

Thingworx Academic Edition - Missing Import/Export/Extensions

Hello everyone,

our department at the University recently got access to Thingworx Academic. Unfortunately I cannot see or access the import/export buttons or any method to import extensions to the system on the foundation server.

Where can I find this feature? We need to use the MQTT extension which was no problem with the previous Thingworx Academic Version nor the 30 day trial.

I am using this url:

ThingWorx Academic Edition

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:njourdan)

Hi Nicolas, Import/Export would require Admin access for your user account probably that has changed. Is there any admin account you have for this academic instance?

Hi Sushant,

I have access to the instructor account for this academic instance. Is there a way to determine if this account has admin rights?

thanks

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Nicolas, it doesn't seem like an admin account to me. I'm not sure but this could be a limitation on the trial account. I'm confirming this with the concerned team

Hello Nicholas,

Unfortunately, Academic Instances do not support import/export, as they are limited to just completing our published couresware. If your use case involves importing an extension, you can try the Developer Zone Trial or, as an educatior, explore additional Academic offerings which offer you the import/export permissions.

Thanks,

Sheila

Hello Sheila Abduraim

ok that is unfortunate. What other Academic Offerings can we explore? We need this feature

thanks

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Hi Nicolas, so if you need the Import/Export functionality you can always register for the Developer Zone Trial which allows you to download and run ThingWorx locally for 120 days as highlighted by Sheila.

Hello Nicholas,

As Sushant mentioned, you can always try the DevZone instances. If you want to explore additional offerings which are not limited to 120/30 days, please contact the sales rep.

Thanks,

Sheila

import/export buttons in the trial version not in the Thingworx Academic .

Top Tags