cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Changing image in map widget

ngourav
1-Newbie

Changing image in map widget

The scenario is we have to change the images coming in the map dynamically by using using upload widget .

Do you have any idea about this ??

8 REPLIES 8

If you are speaking about Google Maps widget, yes you can have different images for the same location which are defined with State Based styling.

Yes I am talking about google Map Widget .But i want to change the Image dynamically by using upload widget to the map after clicking on the button .Carles Coll

Carles Coll​ Can you tell me the steps to do it ??

Hi Naveen,  you can just make the image as a avatar for thing which contains the co-ordinates (i suppose its the case) and can manage changing it through service.

pravin pradhan​ Ok i will try doing this thanks

Hi Naveen,

You should look at MarkerFormatting property on the map, there you can define the State Based Formating for markers, and act accordingly.

Carles.

Carles Coll​ I know about state definition thing I need to change the images in the state definition only..So it will automatically change.Do you have any idea on this?

You just need to return your locations list with a new property called for instance uploading ( true/false ) then you build a State Definition that when true has the image Uploading and when false has the standard image, then you just need to assign this state definition to the property I've mentioned and select the uploading property.

Of course you will need to query the service that returns locations every once in a while ( for instance with the refresh widget ).

Top Tags