cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Blinking LED Display Widget

dmahoney
1-Newbie

Blinking LED Display Widget

I have got a LED Display Widget.

When the value is less than 5, I change the color to red.  How can I make the number blink?

Thanks,

Dan

5 REPLIES 5
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:dmahoney)

Hi Dan, do you just want to change the color at once the moment the value goes below 5 or you want it to continue blinking the moment values goes below 5. If it's just about changing once you can do that with State Definition

Thanks.

Yep, state definition got me to red digits. Now I would like to add blinking and didn't see any builtin way to do it.

Dan

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Dan Mahoney​,

As per my knowledge; this feature(number blink in LED widget) is not available out of the Box. You may look into widget modification and custom extensibility  to develop your own solution. Attached is documentation/guides.

qngo
5-Regular Member

Hi, I think about a workaround. You can place a second empty LED Display widget (2) on the first one (1). When the value of (1) is less than 5, use a Validator to activate an AutoRefresh which changes frequently the Visibility of (2) on (1) (with a service, a Validator widget, a Expression widget...), to make a blink effect.

amittal-3
13-Aquamarine
(To:qngo)

Hello qngo,

I am having the same requirement of blinking LED, and I am trying to implement your solution (workaround), but I am not able to understand it completely. Being a newbie to thingworx platform, I would request you if you can explain your workaround in a little detail in steps.

Thanks

Top Tags