cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to publish experience for public

mhucik
3-Visitor

How to publish experience for public

Hi all,

I am using trial version of ThingWorx Studio for 90 days.

When i publish experience i am able to see it with ThingWorx View just in the case i add thingworx experience service URL to thingworx view settings.

Is it possible to publish it to public, so i can see it even i do not add this URL?

Thank you,

Michal

10 REPLIES 10
katte
1-Newbie
(To:mhucik)

Michal,

Yes it is possible for public view i.e., an user with ThingWorx View app can scan the ThingMark and view the associated Experience.

Also, we don't even need to add URL in the app settings. Please follow the Help center article on configuring Public Access to Experience projects and especially the Grant user permissions section. 

mhucik
3-Visitor
(To:katte)

Hi Giri,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I will check it.

Bye

mhucik
3-Visitor
(To:katte)

Hello Giri

I looked at help articles you posted, but it seems that everything was already configured and it still does not work. Here are some print screens.

1.PNG

mhucik
3-Visitor

Here is another picture showing that everything should be ok

mhucik
3-Visitor

I am publishing just uploaded pvz files

mwassmann
5-Regular Member

Hej Michal,

public means that you dont need user/password to access the experience.

You can set it up from directly your experience in Studio: "Info / public".

However you will not need to enter an URL into thingworx view app, if you use the thingmarks that were provided with your Trial/ bought edition.

Those Thingmarks are automatically linked to your experience server.

However the behavior could be different if your mobile device is hooked to a proxy forbidding to access our indexing service.

Did you try it when being on a mobile network (without any proxy / company vpn).

Thanks

martin

Hi Martin

Yes i have tried diferent networks and my mobile network too.

Michal

mhucik
3-Visitor

Hi all,

I have created video to show how i followed instructions to set public experience up. 

Video Link : 2053

If somebody know where i have done a mistake replay

tmccombie
21-Topaz I

Hi Michal,

Everything looks correct from what you have shown. Do you have the ThingMark bound within the experience? Please make sure you have ThingMark 1262:2 listed in the ThingMark property within your experience. Below is an example from my experience using a different ThingMark.

Hi Tara,

First of all thank you for your interest and replay.

Yes i have it bounded. Look at the picture below

Thingmark_bound.PNG

Michal

Top Tags