cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Service only working for one ThingTemplate

aseaton
7-Bedrock

Service only working for one ThingTemplate

I've created a thing based on a generic thing and added a service to ShowLocationOnOpenStreetMap.  ​The service has output type: Location. ​On my mashup i have a tree view, the SelectedBreadcrumb ​property of the tree is used as an input to my service. I call the service on the DoubleClicked ​event of the tree view. My tree view contains things that are based on three different thing templates: TNetwork, TPrimary & TAssetsList - each of which have a property defined as 'Location'. I then want to set the returned data of the service to the SelectedLocation ​property of my OpenStreetMap.

When i test the service in design time the results come back as expected. But, in runtime, the location is only shown when i double click the Two tree elements where the thing template is TNetwork. Has anyone got any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
qngo
5-Regular Member
(To:aseaton)

Hi,

the problem is, when an item of a sublevel is selected, the value returned is "[level 1] > [level 2] > [level 3]" which doesn't work anymore with your service. You can bind the SelectedBreadcrumb to a textbox to see.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
qngo
5-Regular Member
(To:aseaton)

Hi,

the problem is, when an item of a sublevel is selected, the value returned is "[level 1] > [level 2] > [level 3]" which doesn't work anymore with your service. You can bind the SelectedBreadcrumb to a textbox to see.

Top Tags