cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

dropdown selection as an input to other widget

tguo
4-Participant

dropdown selection as an input to other widget

Hi all,

I want to use the dropdown selection as an input to other widget,

1) Dropdown list is one column of the InfoTable, I want to use the dropdown list selection as input to show corresponding another row text in the InfoTable? I watch the video tutorial: Thingworx Mashup Exercise 08 Create a Mashup to View and Modify the information in the SQL Database - YouTube, but how to create a similar service still no idea to me.

2) Dropdown list selection as a input to an image path. How can I do this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

For the thing which you want to do, you just need to use the same service (consider service 'A') which is acting as a input to the dropdown widget, Now write a new service 'B'  which has the logic to get data(in your case Address)Give output of service 'A' Selected Row as a input to service 'B' and in same logic get data from that key(Dropdown selected Building Name).

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
tguo
4-Participant
(To:tguo)

Ok. Maybe I see imagelink as a service output here.

Hi Tiantian Guo​ do you want to give dropdown list selection as input to other service or to widget  ? if so then give you just need to go to the same service and need to select output of selected row output and bind it to the next widget. i suppose this is what you want.

tguo
4-Participant
(To:ppradhan-2)

Hi pravin pradhan​, take a example, the dropdown list is the building name.

I select the dropdown building name as an input.

Then in the text label, there will show building address from the building name.

ps. the building name and the building address are in the same database..

How I can achieve this?

For the thing which you want to do, you just need to use the same service (consider service 'A') which is acting as a input to the dropdown widget, Now write a new service 'B'  which has the logic to get data(in your case Address)Give output of service 'A' Selected Row as a input to service 'B' and in same logic get data from that key(Dropdown selected Building Name).

tguo
4-Participant
(To:ppradhan-2)

Done! Thank you!

qngo
5-Regular Member
(To:tguo)

Hi, you can also retrieve the data of building name and address in the same service, bind it to List widget (View: Dropdown) with DisplayField is "name". Then you can bind from your service / Returned data / Selected Row(s) / address --> Label widget.

tguo
4-Participant
(To:qngo)

Done! Thank you! Quang-Dung Ngo

Top Tags