cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Is there any option to give to alias name to sql result columns like Target,Actual?

rvuta1
1-Newbie

Is there any option to give to alias name to sql result columns like Target,Actual?

Hi Sushant

Now I have  to add sql service result to a data table as columns names are coming dynamically.

DataTable have fields like "Product Name","Target","Actual".

SQL service result is coming with column names as Target_A,Target_B..etc  on every iteration .

How to map this result with data table object properties?

Regards,

Raji.

Message was edited by: Sushant Pandey branched from https://community.thingworx.com/message/58830#58830

3 REPLIES 3
qngo
5-Regular Member
(To:rvuta1)

Hi, with the SQL query, you can change the column names with "... Target_A AS Product_Name ..." right ? Or you can change the column name after retrieveing the data with RenameField

var params = {

t: data/* INFOTABLE */,

to: "Product Name" /* STRING */

};

// result: INFOTABLE

var result = Resources["InfoTableFunctions"].RenameField(params);

rvuta1
1-Newbie
(To:qngo)

Hi,

I am passing property names of thing dynamically to service "GetNamedPropertyValues" and retrieving their values.

In  your suggestion I have two doubts.

1..As property name is changing every time ,how can I pass "From" filed dynamically.

2.  I didn't find "RenameFiled" service as the service of infotable. how to check that service?

Regards,

Raji

qngo
5-Regular Member
(To:rvuta1)

Hi,

1. Without knowing your whole usecase, I suggest using Localization Table and provide in advance a "translation" of all possible property names. Then retrieve its "translation" with service, for example:

Resources["RuntimeLocalizationFunctions"].GetEffectiveToken({token: undefined /* STRING */})

or

Resources["RuntimeLocalizationFunctions"].GetEffectiveTokenForLanguage({language: undefined /* STRING */, token: undefined /* STRING */})

2. In service zone, you can check it in two ways:

i. Tab Snippets, type RenameField

ii. Tab Entities, type InfoTableFunctions, then RenameField

Top Tags