cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Interruptions of the data acquisition through protocol mqtt

dbologna1
1-Newbie

Interruptions of the data acquisition through protocol mqtt

Hi All,

I have build a Thing A defined by Thing Template B

Thing template B is defined using by base Thing Template MQTT and implemented shape that defined some properties TSP.

I defined the property JSON MqttPacket into Thing B and I configurated the broker mqtt into Configuration of Thing B

(see below some information).

Everything works well for a long time, but sometimes I find the idle service (the value of isConnect is False). In this case , without any change, I save the Thing and the

connection to Mqtt Broker activates. In the following picture the communication on Mqqt Broker is active by the hours 2017-05-23 23:41:08:90 but before it was not active.

Are there a problems on my model or in my configuration ?

Many Thanks

BR

Dimitri

4 REPLIES 4
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:dbologna1)

Dimitri, are you seeing any errors/warnings around that time in the application log or anything on the MQTT broker?

Hi Sushan,

I found when the communcation to the broker was inactive , last packet received specify the time 23 May 13:51:20.

I tried to find a error  or warning on Thingworx monitoring about that  time, but I'm  found only TRACE or INFO without referenced to Mqtt.

Many Thanks

BR

Dimitri

Sushan, please one question :  Is the structure of the model corrected?

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:dbologna1)

Hi Dimitri, from the explanation above around the setup it looks okay to me. When you edit and save the thing I believe it'll re-initiate the connection so that would explain why you immediately get new lastConnected time/date. Does this interruption leads to data not being updated in Thing A's property? Could you please share the Property definition for Thing A from the Composer?

Hi Sushand,

*Does this interruption leads to data not being updated in Thing A's property?

Yes, the interruption did not allowed to save some information that which should be saved on stream.

*Could you please share the Property definition for Thing A from the Composer?

In the following figure the properties of Thing A, the property MqqtPacket is the property populated from Mqtt Broker

Many Thanks

BR

Dimitri

Top Tags