cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Is it possible to stop the binding of the value of a Thing Property to a widget by invoking some service?

dsengupta-21
2-Guest

Is it possible to stop the binding of the value of a Thing Property to a widget by invoking some service?

I have bind the RPM property of Car1 Thing to a 2D gauge Widget. Now, I want to make the gauge value reset to zero whenever some service is invoked. I am able to reset the value to 0 but immediately it is changing to the bind values of RPM. I want the binding to stop and start through some service invocation. Is it anyway possible?

2 REPLIES 2

Hello, Dipika.

Can you describe the use case (effect) you're trying to get to with this. Maybe the SetRemotePropertyBinding Service can help with this, but there are some caveats with that Service.

Take a look at the article https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS252792 and see if that is going in the direction that you want.

-- Craig A.

Hi Craig,

I have a Thing which collects data from a OPC UA server and updates a thing property Counter. I have bind that Property to a gauge in ThingWorx Studio. Now I want one toggle button which when switched on will keep updating the data(which happens automatically as the thing property is already bind to the gauge) and when switched off, will make the counter value to 0.

I can make the counter to 0 but as it is bind to the thing property, it is again getting updated to the valuecoming from the server. I want the bind to stop when the toggle button is switched off.

Is this possible?

Regards,

Dipika

Top Tags