cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Ways to download project to Thingworx Studio

yigu
7-Bedrock

Ways to download project to Thingworx Studio

Hi, I'm wondering whether is a way to download project from "Experience Server" to local Thingworx Studio.

I created a project, published it to server, on one PC, but I need to modify it on another laptop. Is there a way that I can download it from server?

Btw, is there a CURL/REST API reference for Thingworx Studio?

Many thanks

Yifu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mwassmann
5-Regular Member
(To:yigu)

Hej,

not easily, as the source is not equal to the published app.

if you still have laptop 1 - just copy the folder from Documents/Thingworx Studio/  Projects folder..

I'm currently working on it as well.

martin

Yifu Gu wrote:

Hi, I'm wondering whether is a way to download project from "Experience Server" to local Thingworx Studio.

I created a project, published it to server, on one PC, but I need to modify it on another laptop. Is there a way that I can download it from server?

Many thanks

Yifu

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mwassmann
5-Regular Member

Hej,

not easily, as the source is not equal to the published app.

if you still have laptop 1 - just copy the folder from Documents/Thingworx Studio/  Projects folder..

I'm currently working on it as well.

martin

Yifu Gu wrote:

Many thanks

Yifu

yigu
7-Bedrock
(To:mwassmann)

Thanks, Martin Wassmann​, I will take the project folder with me for now! Hope one day there will be a easier way to backup the source.

Thanks for the post, giri​, you mentioned, update/delete call in it, is there a sample for getting published projects?

mwassmann
5-Regular Member

You should use as source versioning system as for now.... e.g. git.

yigu
7-Bedrock
(To:mwassmann)

Sure, I would, after I get over the trial & error period. Thanks

katte
1-Newbie

As of now, you can get the list of existing projects (published) using curl/postman. But not the project files.

FYI, follow this post in studio community- Re: Publishing the experience programmatically

Raphael08
7-Bedrock

Hi,
is there a way to download the files somehow directly from the Experience Service?

Background: Local files of an experience are not available anymore; but we need to modify the experience. 

Raphael

Top Tags