cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Basic data analysis without Thingworx Analytics

dalguacil
1-Newbie

Basic data analysis without Thingworx Analytics

I'm starting to search on Thingworx Analytics but I have read that basic data analysis can be done without Thingworx Analytics Server.

As first step, I would like to work on the data collection and analysis integration within Thingworx platform but I cannot find the way. Few months ago, I could do it following one Quickstart guide, but all of them are related with Thingworx Analytics now.

Does anyone know how to apply a basic data analysis in Thingworx platform without using Thingworx Analytics Server?

Thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I was working with the beanpro demo stuff early last year and it definitely required an Analytics server.  At that time, there was not productized analytics extension and most of the analytics functionality had to be invoked via REST APIs.  The main thing with the beanpro demo is that the data was static, without any "real-time" scoring.  Everything you saw in the UI (signals, profiles, model accuracy) had already been processed by the Analytics server.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi David...

Can you please define your expectation around "basic data analysis"?  There is support for aggregates, pivots, and other types of data manipulation, but that's about the extent of any type of analytics without the analytics server.

I'm talking about linear regression or something similar. I would like to do some kind of prediction.

Linear Regression is only possible with the Analytics server.  If you don't want to use PTC's analytics soluiton, you can also use a third party tool such as Azure, Amazon, Spark, etc and call those from TWX via REST APIs.

Has it changed in the last version? Few months ago it seemed to be possible. The tutorial about beanpro expresso machines worked without Thingworx Analytics but now it requires the server.

I was working with the beanpro demo stuff early last year and it definitely required an Analytics server.  At that time, there was not productized analytics extension and most of the analytics functionality had to be invoked via REST APIs.  The main thing with the beanpro demo is that the data was static, without any "real-time" scoring.  Everything you saw in the UI (signals, profiles, model accuracy) had already been processed by the Analytics server.

Ok, this could be the difference that I remember.

Thank you very much. I will try to solve the problem with Thingworx Analytic Server availability.

Hi,

I would like to use a third party analytic server instead of the PTC Analytic Server.  Could you provide more details on how to use the REST APIs to use other analytic tools?  Or point me to the documentation or some examples?

Thanks!

Top Tags