cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Google Maps no longer displaying (Error - 'Oops! Something went wrong')

tlichtenberger-
1-Newbie

Google Maps no longer displaying (Error - 'Oops! Something went wrong')

Hi guys!

As of today, my google map no longer shows. It initially 'flashes' up on screen as the page loads, but then gets replaced with the error message "Oops! Something went wrong. This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details."

I have already searched for any clues in the log, but haven't found anything worth mentioning. (I am currently using google chrome, but have also tried it with internet explorer)

It is really weird that it stops working all of a sudden.  Do you have any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

Many thanks,

Theresa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I had this issue last week. You need to add Google API key to metadata.xml file with in the extension and redeploy it.

It helped me.

Thanks,

Varathan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Theresa are you seeing this on all the browsers? BTW, is this a trail ThingWorx installation? Did you check the Developer console for e.g. in Chrome you can open it with F12 to see if it's logging any error there

Could you also add the information which version of Google Map widget you're working with?

hey Sushant Pandey​!

Yes I have this problem on all browsers.

Yes I am using the 120-Trial Edition of ThingWorx.

This is what my console says:

Unfortunately, I was not able to retrieve the version of the google maps widget I am using.

Thank you for your help!

Theresa

i got this problem as well, did you solve it???

no unfortunately not :/

But try to open a new thread on that matter to decribe your problem in detail (providing your log-files could be very helpful).

I am sure someone will help you out!

best regards

I had this issue last week. You need to add Google API key to metadata.xml file with in the extension and redeploy it.

It helped me.

Thanks,

Varathan

Please refer to the third response in this thread.

Top Tags