cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Create a video for IOS

fguerra
5-Regular Member

Create a video for IOS

Hi,

I uploaded a video to be played in my experience, when I test it in an Android device it works fine but when an iPad or iPhone is used the video play in full screen.

Is it anyway to avoid this to play the video at the size I create it?

Thanks and best regards

Felix

12 REPLIES 12
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:fguerra)

Felix Guerra​: Could you please confirm the video file format been used . Is it an .mov file ?

-Durgesh

fguerra
5-Regular Member
(To:dupatel)

Hello Durgesh,

I'm using *.mp4

- Felix

fguerra
5-Regular Member

Hi Durgesh Patel​,

Any news on this issue?

Thanks

-Felix

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

Felix Guerra​,

Could you please confirm and verify that you are using the supported iOS as shown below:

-Durgesh

fguerra
5-Regular Member

Hello Durgesh Patel​,

I'm using and Iphone 6 with iOS v10.3.1 and and Ipad Air 2 iOS v10.2.1 same results in both devices but not in Android based phone.

Regards

Felix

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

Felix Guerra​: Thanks for confirming on the version and I believe this is a defect with iOS. I will raise this with R&D team and will update you with their feedback.

-Durgesh

fguerra
5-Regular Member

Hi Durgesh Patel,

Any news from R&D on this problem?

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

Felix Guerra​ : Feedback received is to try setting width/height properties on the video or adding CSS to control the size. Please try and share your views.

-Durgesh

fguerra
5-Regular Member

Hi Durgesh,

Thank you for the answer,

I tried changing the size of the video in the video details and using CSS with the same results, the video did change the size but when it starts automatically goes to full screen.

This only happens with IOS devices, not with android so it seems that is something related to the device OS, I don't know if there is a property or style configuration I could apply to avoid this.

From my research it seems that using webkit-playsinline or drawImage() should solve the issue but not sure if this is supported by Studio or IOS.

Any further tips would be appreciated.

Regards

Felix

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

Felix Guerra​ : Thank you for sharing your observation and i will further check on this to get more details to you.

-Durgesh

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

Felix Guerra​: Please find the feedback recieved from R&D team -

"Backlog item added for enhancements to Studio & View to support this on iOS. Expect a combination of playsinline/webkit-playsinline & allowsInlineMediaPlayback would make it work."

Hope it helps.

-Durgesh

fguerra
5-Regular Member

Hi Durgesh Patel,

Thank you for your follow-up, let see if they include this functionality soon.

Regards

Top Tags