cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Want to read column value from DataTable

sdhawane
1-Newbie

Want to read column value from DataTable

HI, I wanted to read value from datatable and use is it in thing service. We have "GetDataTableEntry" and "GetDataTableEntries" API available, but it will return whole row. But I need to read value of perticular column.  Do we have any API to which I will pass row ID and column name and it will return Value ?

4 REPLIES 4

No, There's this option. Anyway, all columns are fisically stored as a only one JSON property, still if you have an option to just return one column it will read the whole row anyway, then no bother to just query one won't be more performant.

I mean, there isn't this option.

Hi Carles,

Can you please provide any example of how to query to get the only particular column data.

So that I will refer that and implement mine.

If what you want to recover it's an Infotable with all the rows but just one column, you will have to use GetDataTableEntries and once you have the result just use RemoveField to remove undesired columns. If you want to get just one row/column, then you would need to use GetDataTableEntry and just recover the column name for row 0 -> result.rows[0].columnName.

There is no other option than this.

Top Tags