cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

.NET SDK 5.6 Start Method Hangs

mjohnson-21
1-Newbie

.NET SDK 5.6 Start Method Hangs

I have recently switched to the new ThingWorx .NET SDK version 5.6.0 FIPS from 5.5. Now the same application hangs on calling ConnectedThingClient.start().

I tried setting AllowSelfSignedCertificates to true and still the same results.

Here is the call stack when I break:

thingworx-dotnet-common.dll!com.thingworx.communications.client.TwApiWrapper.Connect(uint timeout, short retries) Line 1096 + 0xc bytes C#

thingworx-dotnet-common.dll!com.thingworx.communications.client.BaseClient.connect() Line 105 C#

thingworx-dotnet-common.dll!com.thingworx.communications.client.BaseClient.start() Line 259 C#

How can I find out what the issue is?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I was able to get this working by following these directions to setup Tomcat for SSL.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS000193947

make sure you also set AllowSelfSignedCertificates to true.

The 5.5 and 5.6 SDK both work. The only issue is with the 5.6 SDK still hangs and never raises an exception when the Tomcat server is DOWN.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I was able to get this working by following these directions to setup Tomcat for SSL.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS000193947

make sure you also set AllowSelfSignedCertificates to true.

The 5.5 and 5.6 SDK both work. The only issue is with the 5.6 SDK still hangs and never raises an exception when the Tomcat server is DOWN.

dlouis
5-Regular Member
(To:mjohnson-21)

Hello Matt,

If you're seeing an issue,we would very much like to reproduce and fix it. Could you provide some steps on how to reproduce? Also, a log file from the SDK set to Verbose level would be extremely useful in troubleshooting this. Thanks.

Top Tags