cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Mashup navigation from Master

tcoufal
12-Amethyst

Mashup navigation from Master

Hi Guys,

I have one hing that bugs me. When I am viewing a master containing pre.configured menu, after I press some Menu Item all I can see is just a blank page. MashupName parameter is not attached to URL.

When I am viewing some mashup which uses this Master layout, navigation works fine.

Idea is to use Master as "Home mashup" for each user not the mashup it self. I though that that is why there is a "default" in menu item configuration.

I am on 7.3.4

Any ideas?

Tomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:tcoufal)

Ah, as I mentioned above-  this works per design. We expect users to start with the mashup rather than the master (think of it as a header piece). I apologize for the inconvenience this might be causing you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
posipova
20-Turquoise

Just to clarify, you are viewing the master originally and not the mashup with the master attached, correct? This works per design. The mashup itself to be used by default and the master would be the header attached, whetehr menu driven or not.

tcoufal
12-Amethyst
(To:posipova)

Yes I am viewing the Master not the Mashup.

I can see my Master design (no pun intended) and menu items, but when I click on it i can see is blank page.

here is url schema when viewing master

https://SERVER/Thingworx/Runtime/index.html#master=MY_MASTER&mashup=

clicking on menu link will not append mashup name as url paramater

Viewing some mashup which uses my Master works as expected.

posipova
20-Turquoise

Ah, as I mentioned above-  this works per design. We expect users to start with the mashup rather than the master (think of it as a header piece). I apologize for the inconvenience this might be causing you.

tcoufal
12-Amethyst
(To:posipova)

Understand,

Btw. Why is there a "default" option in menu definition?  Does it apply when calling ResetToDefault service on mashup containing menu widget?

posipova
20-Turquoise

"default" would be the page selected.. well,by default when first running a mashup with the menu :-)

ResetToDefault should reset to the original view, yes. Let me know if it does not work for you as expected and I'll run it by the dev guys to confirm.

Top Tags