cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Challenges faced in writing queries while using external DB to store data

rkandasamy-2
1-Newbie

Challenges faced in writing queries while using external DB to store data

Hi Team,

I hope many of you might be using external DB to store project data as it is huge in size. But you might have faced challenges like writing required queries AddorUpdateDataTableEntries, queryDatatableEntries,PurgeDataTableEntries.

1. You had some generic AddOrUpdateDataTableEntries like in thingworx or you have been writing queries specific to each data table operations.

2. QueryDataTableEntries - In Where condition some queries might use a single column and in some other queries there might use many columns. Otherwise please confirm if you are using specific queries for each Query of DataTables that contain different fields.

As we are in the initial phase of setting that up, it would be helpful for people like us to understand and be prepared for the same.

Regards,

Radhakrishnan.

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Radhakrishnan, just to clarify these services you have mentioned in your question are all for DataTable and not for database tables in external data store. So are you looking for feedback on database queries i.e. SQL queries or the DataTable's services?

Hi Sushant, i am looking for challenges faced in writing and organizing SQL queries,calling that database queries from thingworx services.

We are adding data to external DB. So i am looking for SQL queries  that could do similar functionality like AddOrUpdateDataTableEntries of thingworx datatable.

Hi Radhakrishnan,

Can you help me to write business logics on continuous data coming from machine in thingworx infotable.

I have to calculate timestamp intervals in loop with spacific value summation.

Any thing, relevant  info on this?

Regards

Vikas

Top Tags