cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Contained Mashup Name not changing on Button Clicked Event

ashleyg
1-Newbie

Contained Mashup Name not changing on Button Clicked Event

Hi All

I know there is a couple of posts on here about this same topic but I am yet to fix my problem.

I have 3 buttons on my main mashup, each of which is used to change the Name of the Contained Mashup (for now using ContextID of the button clicked).

I also have 3 services (each triggered from a single button which applies to that particular mashup) and a final service to determine which button ContextID I have chosen.

When I click on a button the ContextID of that button is sent to the first service who's output populates an input parameter of a second service which determines what ContextID I have selected based on which input parameter is populated (I have had to do it this way as you can only bind one value to the Contained Mashup name). The ServiceInvokeCompleted of this service then triggers the Refresh service of the Contained Mashup to ensure the Mashup refreshes.

However when testing this only the ContextID of the first button I have clicked seems to populate the Contained Mashup name as when I click other buttons the Mashup appears to "Refresh" but sticks to the same Mashup.

I believe the reason for this is that it is sending more than one ContextID at a time which is causing a logic error for my service which determines the only populated input. Can anyone think of a different solution or a workaround for this that still uses a Contained Mashup and not Navigation Buttons?

Thanks

Ashley

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't know your use case, but you can go instead with:

• Menu --> Each menu option has an associated Mashup
  • Tabs --> Each Tab can have it's own contained Mashup
  • List --> You have a service which returns the List options names and the corresponding Mashup to load

Using previous widgets, a part of for what it seems are meant for your use case, you will get some "perks" as knowing which it's the current selected option, which can't be done with Buttons.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I don't know your use case, but you can go instead with:

• Menu --> Each menu option has an associated Mashup
  • Tabs --> Each Tab can have it's own contained Mashup
  • List --> You have a service which returns the List options names and the corresponding Mashup to load

Using previous widgets, a part of for what it seems are meant for your use case, you will get some "perks" as knowing which it's the current selected option, which can't be done with Buttons.

Thank you Carles.

Yes I have been struggling to find an alternative solution with buttons, I know they're not designed for changing Contained Mashups however it would have been nice to use them as I feel it would look better. I shall use one of the other widgets you have suggested.

Many Thanks

Ashley

rflanagan
5-Regular Member
(To:ashleyg)

Ashley,

I've been spending the last hour with exactly the same issue.  Thanks for capturing it here.  If you came across any other solutions or workarounds beyond the three listed, let me know.

Rain

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:rflanagan)

Hi Rain` Flanagan​,

One more option could be to use Radio Button widget.

Top Tags