cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

EMS critical number of clients

A_Macierzynski
14-Alexandrite

EMS critical number of clients

Hello,

We tried to make a large number of HTTP PUT Rest Request on our EMS to write data to ThingWorx Entities.

We are receiving the WARN in EMS Console that critical number of clients reached (8*2) aborting connection.

Is there any chance to increase that number or it is inside EMS?

Regards,

Adam

6 REPLIES 6
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:A_Macierzynski)

Hi Adam Macierzyński​,

Have you tried increasing the max_threads option in config.json to see if it helps.

And it should be under the HttpServer?

Adam it's under ws_connection connection parameters

"ws_connection": {

"max_threads": 4, // Number.  The maximum number of incoming message handler threads to use.  Default = 4,

}

A_Macierzynski
14-Alexandrite
(To:supandey)

I increased value to even 20, but it didn't help at all. I think that this is associated with EMS <-WS-> ThingWorx connection, not CustomApp <-REST call-> EMS.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:A_Macierzynski)

Adam Macierzyński​,

Please check config.json.complete for the complete configuration options available.

Here is a copy of same for quick reference.

Thank you for the .complete file. I forgot about it. Did you tried maybe before to make huge amount of PUT REST request on EMS? We were trying to make like 5 per seconds, and it is crushing. Is there any best practice for the 100/1000 HTTP requests to the EMS?

Regards,

Adam

Top Tags