cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Row selection in Advanced Tree Grid 2.0

emoreira
12-Amethyst

Row selection in Advanced Tree Grid 2.0

I noticed in the advanced tree grid that although it returns the "Selected Rows" as an output Infotable,  it does not change the selected rows from the Input Data Service. Is it the way it is supposed to work?

I explain:

1. I have a service that queries another system to created the tree.
  2. Bound the "AllData" output of this service to the tree row and configured the widget properties.
  3. Bound one property the "Selected Rows" data to a value widget.

I expected that the Value widged data would change as I select the different rows in the tree.

I noticed that if I bind the selected rows output from the widged to a grid it returns the infotable from that selection but I was not able to get a single value of that selection to bind to the value widget.

Any thought on this?

Thanks

Ewerton

2 REPLIES 2
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:emoreira)

Ewerton, the value should change regardless of the widget being used, provided you bound a single data/ property from the 'Selected Row(s)' section. So, if you bound a single property from Selected Row(s) onto a Value Display widget, selecting a row should reflect whatever value the current row has.

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:emoreira)

Hi @emoreira I know its quite an old post you might already have the answer, but for the closure I wanted to share this article Service > Returned Data > Selected Row(s) is not populated when using the Tree Grid Advanced widget in Thingworx in case someone else is looking for solution. Thanks @smainente for the article

Top Tags