cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Embed Location on Things

fsiviero
1-Newbie

Embed Location on Things

Hello

I've not found this information anywhere but apart from setting a property of the type Location in a Thing, is there any location information already embed into a Thing by default, if that Thing had some sort of GPS sensor? If so how would you go about getting to it via the API?

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:fsiviero)

Hi Francisco Siviero​,

Yes, Location will have to be set as a Property in a Thing. You can create your own Thing template which contain a location property. Then all the things created from that Thing template will inherit the location property.

For the second part of the question; which SDK are you using? Location property can be sent to ThingWorx similar to other properties. Please check PTC Jave SDK Guide for more details.

I hope it helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:fsiviero)

Hi Francisco Siviero​,

Yes, Location will have to be set as a Property in a Thing. You can create your own Thing template which contain a location property. Then all the things created from that Thing template will inherit the location property.

For the second part of the question; which SDK are you using? Location property can be sent to ThingWorx similar to other properties. Please check PTC Jave SDK Guide for more details.

I hope it helps.

Hello Ankit

If there needs to be a property set for the Thing itself than I know where to get it Thank you for your answer, it definitely helped.

Top Tags