cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Problem to configure Analytics Server in Analytics Builder

dalguacil
1-Newbie

Problem to configure Analytics Server in Analytics Builder

Following the steps of the Analytics Builder Quickstart, I reach the point where the Analytic Server must be identified.

I set the IP for the local Analytic Server and I set "neuronuser" as Application Id. When I execute "Verify Configuration", the next message appears on the top of the screen:

Error invoking service: Invalid Analytics Server Version (ValidateMLServerVersion#5)

I have installed Analytics Server 7.4, and I'm using Thingworx 7.4.

Could anyone give me any clue about this issue?

Thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:dalguacil)

Hi

you mentioned using ThingWorx Analytics server 7.4 with ThingWorx 7.4.

Could you also specify the version of the ThingWorx Analytics extension you have, as seen in Import/Export > Manage ?

Also for the endpoint Host, you should have <host>:<port> , you seem to indicate to have entered only the ip address.

You can check this video at time 25 sec: Video Link : 1676, to compare the Settings.

The /analytics mentioned by Mohit is something that needs to be added if using ThingWorx analytics 8.0 but that does not seem to be your case.

Thanks

Christophe

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
mgoel
17-Peridot

DAVID ALGUACIL​:

Could you please confirm if you analytic server is up and running as the error message you received comes when server is down.

Try updating application id as analytics.

Please ensure ​Endpoint host contains <IP>:<PORT>/analytics

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi

you mentioned using ThingWorx Analytics server 7.4 with ThingWorx 7.4.

Could you also specify the version of the ThingWorx Analytics extension you have, as seen in Import/Export > Manage ?

Also for the endpoint Host, you should have <host>:<port> , you seem to indicate to have entered only the ip address.

You can check this video at time 25 sec: Video Link : 1676, to compare the Settings.

The /analytics mentioned by Mohit is something that needs to be added if using ThingWorx analytics 8.0 but that does not seem to be your case.

Thanks

Christophe

Thank you for your answers.

The problem is that services are not started in the VM. This morning I have repeat the procedure and everything seems to be OK. However, if I run the command "service --status-all", there is no services running. I expected to see Zookeeper, PostgreSQL Server, GridWorker and Tomcat services (as it specified in Troubleshooting Steps for ThingWorx Analytics: Restarting Services Manually, or full Graceful Restart of Application

In fact, when I try to access to the Analytics Server from any web browser, it is not accessible.If I run a ping command to the VM, there is good reply.

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi David

Can you post the output of :

- ps -ef | grep postgres:

- ls -l /var/lib/pgsql/9.4/data

and upload the Tomcat log file under /usr/share/tomcat/logs

Thank you

Kind regards

Christophe

Finally I could solve the problem.

When I installed the Analytic Server, I changed the Network configuration to be accessible in the local network. For some reason, it induced a problem during the virtual machine start up and the services were not started.

Now, I have the virtual machine network adapted configured as Bridge with a IP valid for the local network. With this, I have access to the Analytics Server from any computer in the local network.

I have restarted the tutorial and I have configured the Thingworx Analytics Server as both, Mohit and Christophe, told me, using the IP:PORT.

Now everything is working.

Thank you very much

rsingh-8
4-Participant

Hi David

Can you please help me with same issue? I have installed Thingworx Anlytics 8 on my laptop(since we dont have compatibility with server for TWA 8)

and even my url for TWA 8 server is not accessible from other systems. So i am also getting error which you mentioned.

Can you please help how you fixed "the virtual machine network adapted configured as Bridge with a IP valid for the local network".

Mohit Goel

Thanks

Ravi

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:rsingh-8)

Hi Ravindra

I would recommend you open a new discussion detailing your specific configuration.

A connection error can come from many different reasons, so  is likely to be different form what was discussed here.

In the new discussion, please provide:

- the error message you get and where/when you get it

- the version of ThingWorx and ThingWorx Analytics

- log files:

- <ThingworxStorage>/Logs/ApplicationLog.log

- <ThingWorx Tomcat>/logs folder

- <ThingWorx Analytics Tomcat>/logs folder

Thanks

Christophe

Top Tags