cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Exporting Has Changed-How to?

byutz
1-Newbie

Exporting Has Changed-How to?

I am working on a new instance of composer, 6.5.  I went to export my Things to move to another instance and cant seem to get it to work like it used to.  I used to select my application tag, click export, and then it would download to my downloads folder.  Now it wants me to point it to a repository.  I can't find a whole lot of info on this, and I was hoping someone would cover the best way of exporting now that it seems to have changed.  Thanks for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jasong
1-Newbie
(To:byutz)

Brian, if you do not choose a File Repository, the file will download in your browser, as it did in previous versions. Be sure to make sure you choose your export type, XML or Binary. The new binary format is more compact but if you need to edit entities outside of ThWx or import into an older version, you will need to change it to XML.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Aanjan
9-Granite

Brian, the 6.5 Help Center has detailed information about the different export options. Here is the direct link to the Import/ Export section.

byutz
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

​I cant seem to find how you move the data between instances, since it looks like it always saves the data in a repository.  How do you move the data between instances?  Do you have to export the repository?  

Aanjan
9-Granite

Yes, once you export the data, you would see a folder which containing Blogs, DataTables, Steams etc. You can now move this folder to the new System, onto the SystemRepository and then make sure the path has the folder name for importing.

jasong
1-Newbie

Brian, if you do not choose a File Repository, the file will download in your browser, as it did in previous versions. Be sure to make sure you choose your export type, XML or Binary. The new binary format is more compact but if you need to edit entities outside of ThWx or import into an older version, you will need to change it to XML.

byutz
1-Newbie
(To:jasong)

Thanks Jason! I was just informed that the data export is what has changed.  You are no longer able to download right to your local machine like before.

Top Tags